Unhappy with Good Morning America

I wrote in a previous blog that Good Morning America was going to air a segment on moms as PSOs. They did an I am unhappy with it. They slanted the piece to the point even one of the women in the article Phone Sex Secrets felt the need to defend some of the ways it portrayed her. Below is the clip and then my thoughts on it.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

For those you have read my blog or other PSOs blog you know this is not how we feel. We do not work as a PSO because we "have to." Its not something that many women go into because they need to take a desperate measure.

Lets start with me personally and what benefits being a PSO has for me. I work as a PSO for many reasons.

  1. The first has nothing to do with kids. I have severe anxiety and being a PSO is something I can do an not have to worry about panic attacks when I have bad days.
  2. Can you do you do your job anywhere? I am going to see family next month and if I decide to stay a few extra days I can because I can work there. Of course they have to know my secret or I have to g on a long drive but I have that option.
  3. Can you take days off spur of the moment? If I don't feel like working I don't have too. My company does require so many minutes a week but I can get that easily and work when I want to and don't when I don't want to. I love this because I don't have to miss school events.
  4. Do your kids go to daycare? Let me make it clear I am not putting down moms who put their kids in daycare. I use to be a daycare pre-k teacher. Most moms will say though they wish they could be at home with their children. I can! No high price day care cost for me and I get to spend as much quality time with my children as I want. I feel lucky.
  5. If you need extra money can you work extra at work? "Overtime" is ALWAYS an option for me. I just log on more. If I decided spur of the moment to go on vacation next month, just work more. Car break down, just work more. Does your job offer that?
  6. No layoffs! Are you 100% certain that your company will not lay you off? I am! 
  7. Miss work because the car wont start, snowed in, or any other reason? Not me! I don't have to worry about things I can't control causing me to miss work other than down phone lines. I have 2 cells and a land line so that is not really a problem either.
Those are few of the benefits I see to working as a PSO. Does it seem like we "have to do it"? The lady from Rat Race Rebellion is somewhat right. At first we can be a little embarrassed or shy but that is only because of the stigma society has put on ALL sex work, legal or not. She has it wrong that woman only come running to PSO work because they are loosing their house and on welfare. Some PSOs may be but there are women in every profession who need that type of help and should not be ashamed. Many PSOs  are not that much in need. Being a PSO is NOT  a last resort for everyone. 

I find it funny how society puts such stigma on something that has a great demand. Thousands of men, women, and couples are calling phone sex lines everyday so something must not be so bad. I am going to end this now because I feel I am starting to ramble but I ask 4 things of readers (if you are brave enough).....
  1. Comment and let me know what you think of the segment and this blog. You can comment anonymously.
  2. Write Good Morning America and tell them you DO NOT like slanted pieces. I did.
  3.  Head over to Phone Sex Secrets to see what the interview was really like.
  4. If you are really brave SHARE this article. 
Thank you readers. I know there is not as many followers as readers but hopefully that will change, Don't forget I am GIVING AWAY MONEY when I get enough followers. You can follow anonymously if you want or openly and help break the stigma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
phone sex call