Answer to an email question

I opened my e-mail today to this:

Hi,
I am considering becoming a PSO and would like to know which companies I should look at as far as employment. Also I wanted to know if it turned out to be what you thought it would be like. I just basically wanted to speak to someone that has already took the 1st steps and is now a PSO. Any advice would be great. I am a stay at home mother of a 5 year old son. I am barely making ends meet and I cannot seem to find a job anywhere! I recently graduated from college with an Associates degrees and so far nothing. So now I am stuck with the loans I took out for school, jobless, and on welfare. So becoming an PSO seems very promising.
Thanks for your time
I will email my response but also wanted to share it with others.
Hello,
 Thank you for writing me with your question. First, I want to direct you to a blog I did on some company reviews. This by no means is all of them. Is your so in school at all? If so you should have no problem meeting USI's 500 minute a week requirement and I personally love them. The staff is VERY helpful and you have have a paid 2 hour training call. To reach them just call Lori at 888-344-3940. You will leave a message and she will call you back in a bout a week or so. You can also find job openings on SexyJobs

To learn more about other companies I would recommend message boards like PSO Support and PSO Boards. Both of these websites will not only help you learn about companies but also research a lot about the business. I will tell you that as a new PSO you will not be able to make a full time living so there will need to another income in the household.

Is what what I thought it would be like? Yes and No. I did not realize there were applications and it was like getting any other job. Some calls are really fun and some are hard for me to handle. As a newbie I would recommend going with a company that doesn't allow taboos because that was one of the biggest shockers to me.  PSO is a fun and exciting world but it is also LOTS of hard work. Good luck and I hope to hear how your story turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you giving advice when you in November you were asking ladies on the boards the most basic of questions?

Really?

Why do you feel qualified?

Anonymous said...

^
as someone looking into becoming a PSO i dind reading someone's journey from the start is much more interesting than a book i read by someone whos been in the industry for years.
She works as a PSO so therefore she's qualified to answer questions on it.

Anyway back to reading this blog